I’m leading with this category because I believe article writing is one of the best ways to get started making money online if you’re new to the game. It costs nothing, and you can be up and running within a matter of minutes. There is a learning curve (especially with respect to SEO and researching keywords) and you’ll need to be patient, but in time, this can be a significant source of passive income. Not sure of what to write about? I’ve discussed that before. Note: These are not listed in any particular order.
- InfoBarrel – This has been a continually increasing source of online passive income for me (ever since my original “challenge”). Last month, I earned $96 with InfoBarrel. If you want to see what others are earning, check out Mike Moyer’s January InfoBarrel earnings rankings. The top person on there earned $1,586 from InfoBarrel last month. InfoBarrel’s AdSense revenue share ranges from 75% to 90%, and also includes Chitika and Amazon ads.
- Squidoo – Another revenue-sharing article site (great for building backlinks to your niche sites). They share revenue, but the way they do it is a bit complicated.
- HubPages – One of the more popular revenue-sharing article websites. I still prefer InfoBarrel to HubPages due to its relative youth and growth potential, but HubPages is also a great option, even just for backlinking. The AdSense share here is 60%, and you can also monetize with Kontera, eBay and Amazon.
- Bukisa – Article site with 60% revenue share (Adsense or Chitika).
- Xomba – High-ranking bookmarking site with 50% AdSense revenue share (links are no-follow). They recently changed their rules to disallow links to your own content (to improve the quality of the site), so use this at your own risk.
- Snipsly – Social bookmarking site with 80% revenue share (AdSense).
- Seekyt – Article site with 70% revenue share (AdSense and Amazon).
- SquidStop – Social bookmarking site with 100% revenue share (AdSense).
- Jevitt – Social bookmarking site with 80% revenue share (AdSense).
- SheToldMe – Social bookmarking site with 100% revenue share (AdSense).
- TipDrop – Social bookmarking site with 75% revenue share (AdSense).
- Best Reviewer – Get paid to write top lists (e.g. “Top 10 Ways to…”) – 100% AdSense revenue share.
- Flixya – Share video, photos, and blogs – 100% AdSense revenue share.
- Mixx – Share a variety of content (articles, photos, videos) for 50% AdSense revenue share.
- Rate It All – Write reviews or rate products, and get 50% AdSense revenue share on your content there.
75 total views, 2 views today